Friday, December 06, 2002

The first snow fall in Richmond was great. December 4, and we got a couple of inches with a nice glazeing of ice too. The ice is fun to eat, and i found the largest Icecicle in the city, a whoping 2 and a half feet long...estimated of course. I had fun sticking my toung to various poles, but it never got stuck..darn! The everyone was outside in Monroe Park having the biggest snowball fight in the world...there was like 1,028 people out there..according to Lauren. But we all had fun,me meaghan lauren and maggie wallked around a bit, watching all the funny and stupid people. It was like a huge riot, with gang wars. Crazy. Evey time the snow plows went by everyone threw snow balls at it and screamed for them to go home..then meaghan drew a pig (demented pig) in the snow on the back of a police car...we kept making random people look at it, but i dont think they understood. All I can say is that I had fun, and its goin to be a story that im goin to tell my grand kids.....when they ask "Pappy, whats snow look like? (because global warming would make snow extinct)..and I would say "gather around kids, Pappy is gonna tell ye all a true story...back in the day of my college years, there was a great big snow storm..with snow mounds 10 feet tall..we were swimming in a sea of snow, thats how i lost my pinky toe..and i vowed to get revenge upon this great white monster. I batteled hard and long until we were both out of energy, and alas, it the battle was finished...but the war was far from over. I then shouted out: It may take our pinky toes, but it will never take out FREEDOM!"

No comments: