Tuesday, December 17, 2002


UPS passes by every day
a knock at the skin door opens my breast plate
every peril is invited
walk into my chest and sit down on the lonley stool
in the middle of light and dark with trobbing walls
you proclaim and pronounce, state and spill
i take all your fears, sadness, weakness, and pain
puke up the bad thoughts as it absorbs into the warmth between the floor boards
this confessional never echos one word that has been spoken
when your basket is empty, your smile is reflected
get up and leave as the dropped stones compress the internal spring
more weight is added to the duck taped boxes
stored where they are felt every day but never seen
someone should mail these packages,
I am only the keeper and soon all my space will be filled
no place for my pictures or band-aids
one of a kind, there is no one to take mine
the spring compresses but the door is always open
the thought of spontanous combustion is not enough to stop
as long as the wings are above me
i'll continue to make sparks and light up the world

No comments: