Monday, March 03, 2003

Taking it Old

Well I've been riding fifteen, in my car
Waiting for the answers to fall into my sunroof
And after I've drove this far
I’ve realized you have to reach out there and grab
So go on, go on, go on and get out
So just know no one is going to tell - you the answers
You got to open your palms, open your palms
Open your eyes, reach out and grab

The world is out there
For your taking
If you want you can hug every tree
Spend all day eating ice cream
But as long as you know
You're not doing it for anybody - else
You are really going to be where you ought to be
Driving 15 – below just to feel
With all your windows down, while its snowing
Now what would be, the point of talking
All we got is all we got, silence explains it all

Sitting behind the wheel on four wheels
Now how can I think I'm not going anywhere
The scenery pushes, over the hills
And -just-to-think-that-its-all-mine
Slowing the fifteen - pull over
Time after time, running out of gas
But its ok, there’s no one to blame
It’s a new day - new life for everything
And who's to say - I won't see what-you-never-will
At least I'll never take it for granted again
Now that I know, my feet also have places to go
You just have to be - willing to give in to control
Forget about what's new - forget about it, go back to the old

No comments: