Thursday, April 24, 2003

so simple yet so true
its the afternoon sun glistening on skin that wishes to be devoured
if bliss had siblings they could hold everyones hand
alas, it turns me to see it not so, reality wears no mask
and yet it is the faces, of grim posture and degraded faith, that deliver me
at no extra charge i carry them in my pocket, to add wealth to my purse
thine eyes inspire, teach, and corrode my spirit like a father to his ill advised son
and whence set on a task, the child without walls first stumbles, then walks
learning from a stubbed toe, but at least to say there will be no more stubbed toes
it is of these men that I collectivley mold my dreams
using only the best of beards to filter wisdom
sticking quarters into slots of carbord signs designed to provoke at least some reaction
some reaction, i know not what others take, for my reaction has been a movement
the movement of wild birds to the south, for it tis not instinct that we cast our eyes south
by these who stutter, on willingness to please or hestitant for greetings,
make them the full bodied model that has eroused retinas
tis years of knowlege and pain and toothless smiles that sit not to be judged
for it is one of the simplest pleasures that we all have yet to discover
the luxury of time and watching fools hurry by pretending to be important
for i wish i were bold enough to take on the task to observe
my courage dwindles at their giving to us in need, blessings
tis so simple yet i know nothing more true
bliss sits on the corner blowing kisses only to acknowlegment


No comments: