Monday, September 29, 2003

I got an idea for a automatic cheese making machine. Heres how it works. Buy one gallon of milk (preferablly whole milk). Place in refridgerator. Unplug refridgerator for a week. Check milk and breath deeply the lovely smell of home made cheese. It worked for me.


Kingdom Come
I’m going back to my head
Going to re-wander through the memory-hills and the hope-valleys
I’m searching for the oxen and the force that cracks my whip
What drives them aimlessly, as water knows more to its direction
If I want to fight the river I must not walk up stream, but just stand
All these things combine against me in the nature of my land
This world is unplotted, dis-geographed and inexplicable with modernization
I have found whole civilization of a disassembled caste system buzzing with noise
In the distance there is a slate statue in salute, to which pollutants have taken hold
Eyes are thrown at the foreigner like stones to a sinner
It is hard for me to digest this town, I’m lost in their tongue
I stumble and bump into traffic, mules and carts, tall men and cold iron
Walking down the previously burrowed paths I am verbal-motionally attacked
Even the beggars spit arrows at my ears, my heart being hacked at
Making my way to the one thing that I have kept my eye on, the one in salute
The slate seems warmer than any soul in this town
So I follow upon a narrow path that narrows
Until I reach the statue that resembles a once reverend man
A king of some sort, with a scroll of unfamiliar inscriptions lain at the feet
My glance is drawn up with the ever increasing evidence of winged fowl visitations
Upon looking at the carved face, I am drawn back
Surprised, flustered, discussed at what I am.
My face is the same at that man
Once a revered figure of this land, my person is no longer welcome
What is it that I was or would have done?
Who am I now that I am no one?
My thoughts shoot back to the etched words in stone
I can now strangely read what has been set in decades ago
“We were his ideas. We were his hopes. We were his passions. We were his lovers. This man left all he had in search of more, when all he needed was to ask right next door.”
How foolish of me, what is it that I have left for all that had loved me?
I have let down these people as I have let myself decay
I forgot what I was searching for and have been wandering
Stripped of my knowledge, of what I know and what I knew
I start of in search of what I was searching for.

No comments: