Wednesday, April 21, 2004

A Goddess Took My Senses

Bear arms, bear neck
Then look upon curves
Desire, lust, love?
What have you,
Flypaper for eyes to stick upon
A flick of hair
A bat of lash
A vacuum every time
You know not what you do
What we are is what we see
Water to reflect on the surface
Or pierce deep into the unknown
Two ways in which
An open heart bleeds to insanity
Every cent of time paid
To glazing eyes over a golden goddess
Is only but sense setting off to wander
I know agony, burning alive
For I can’t renounce
Romance is a leg I can’t cut off
For to notice the beauty is not to lust
Not to obtain and defile
But to give love and feel equal on both sides
For the unsurpassed perfect nature
In which these bodies walk
Must be as miraculous
As the feet of Jesus standing on water
The feeling felt is to want nothing
But for the moment to consume all time
An exploding star needs sunglasses
To see as my eyes do see

No comments: