Saturday, August 14, 2004

To Feel For One

Back from the those who wait, in a distance dove like
A flower scented gift that will cut the fog in your days
I burn, I burn
My cup is dry, yet I drown
Feeling full with an empty guardian, grown alone
Whose eyes pierce me at night?
I feel a hand holding mine, yet I never see it
The breath on my forehead awakens
Igniting the wick of wisdom
Yet I know no thing
And feeling is another language to be learned


Eyes of a babe

Sometimes beauty does not come in packages
It is the gestures through the glass and past the thoughts of many
Yet I easily access it
It’s hard to say, sometimes I feel estranged
When I find myself looking for the first time
At the things we all have seen before
Am I the only one to not feel pain in the rain?
Am I the only one granted peace without having to call for it?
For what cause do I get taken hostage
With the willows who weep for attention
The sky grumbles, but they do not hear
The sun shoots fire, but they do not see
Unless we have an interpreter
I suppose my words may try
But they tire without the reader’s experience
One is better than none
Our blessings remain to be counted
Yet I sleep with them
Woven into the blankets I was born with

No comments: