Sunday, March 26, 2006

Silent Student
What is all around can be found
In daily stepping
Observing without sound
Actions of masters who have managed so far
Teachers that don’t even know they know
What am I in this mess
Absorbing it so fast
The wisdom can not be put in words
The words only imply wisdom
But what I feel is beyond:
My thinking mind - My daily tunnel vision
Hovering between sound and silence
For the deepest lecture means nothing
Without the silence - which teaches just the same
When I find the boundary between the two
It will describe my state exactly
Because I’ll know the only boundary that exists
Is the one I’ve constructed
Sound is the same as silence – I’ve found
But these words try to imprison my ideas
With the overabundance of speaking lips
That creates an empty sound
I prefer taking silent sips
From the silent tea that awaits silently
To teach me

No comments: