Wednesday, March 29, 2006

To my dearest
To the paths that present themselves
You are not the path
To the words that weave themselves
You are not the word
And to the thoughts that arise out of silence
You are not silence
What are you all doing here?
I invite you elsewhere
To my eyes that keep watch
You can retire
To my ears that stiffen their drums
You can relax
And to my back that straightens it all out
You are relieved
Duty is your calling, yet
Duty you do not call
I need you inasmuch
As I need to realize I don’t need you
The master is ready to serve
While the servants are eager to master
Such is the law abiding light
Those who carry it, have the lesser need
I cry let the light shine
I cry in the ignorance of your night
To my tears which have been held back
You can flow

1 comment:

Ren D'Auria said...

you are my dearest