Thursday, October 24, 2002

Well, Im still alive. I am watin to see Jackass the movie, comes out on friday, and I got rejected from getting free tickets and an early showing here at VCU.....I got a poster though. School is keeping me very busy, and I have to get on top of things or i'll start to panic about haning too much stuff to do. Mainly having alot of essays to write, espically for english. Writing would be more fun if my grades didnt depend on it. I just dont understand english class, im not really lerning anything - shes not teaching us stuff. We just have to keep writing different kinds of essays about things, making sure our point is clear. This english class is more just practice, keep on practing english so i'll be better at it I guess. The main thing that frustrates me is that I wont get a grade until the end of the semester, every essay I have written will be looked at as a portfilio, and I will be given a pass or fail grade. So it kinda sucks not knowing how Im doing until the end, where i cant change anything. So I guess I will have to keep writing stupid essays just to keep my self from digging a bigger hole.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wisest is he who knows he does not know." - Socrates


"Thirty Spokes
Share one Hub
Adapt the nothing therein to the purpose in hand, and you will have the use of the cart. Knead the clay in order to make a vessel. Adapt the nothing therein to the prupose in hand, and you will have the use of the vessel. Cut out doors and windows in order to make a room. Adapt the nothing therein to the purpose in hand, and you will have use of the room. Thus what we gain is something, yet it is by virtue of nothing that this can be put to use." - Lao Tsu-



Pseudobiographical
When I think, there is no empty space to take a breath
Cluttered are my thoughts.
As I grab at the floating dust, my vision is blurred.
Seeing only what I want to believe,
No logical order to the way I walk.
Just me and my double,
Running not to be seen.
Only a arms reach away from death,
But death does not want me yet.
When I am woken by falling leaves and water falls,
The presents of the earth do me fine.
I only needed to conquet with vitality.
Just flay me and observe the construction.
When you reach the climax, tell me.
How do you imbrue like you do.
No need to be pseudobiographical.


Go Gawking
Study gimcrak faces as they pass
Gibe as they wink, but be gingerly at their offered hands
The gong is played with glutting vibration
As gnomes gawk back at you
Hope not to graft but only to grouch at their smiles
Turn off all lights and grope the visuals left behind
Do not gabble, only listen greatly
Can you hear the gnomes still gawking
It takes more to garner grace, so sit back
Gawk back at the giddy gnomes and glower
Gesticulate the middle finger.

Define my name
Unspell my name to who I really am
Look past the treasured words into me
What do they mean but placement in people
Pick me out with the same that shout
Not just a body dangled for meat
Who owns a name but paper and ink
I want to be more than what is given
So give me a chance to be nobody
Rather an indentation on time
I will cut my hands so I can be what I am
A non-alphabetical but defined as me.

No comments: