Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Humanity Impeading

I saw the shoreline one time
It was up above where I wanted to come down
But of course the bars of this world wouldn’t allow me
Said I have to spend my time in reality
But this place sometimes is of creepy little creatures
Stand in line to understand regression
And if you get in the back
There’s no doubt you’ve felt depression
Now what I say is the object of my affection
Keeping the landscape in reality
Letting it slowly become me
What I idle at is none of your business
Keeping the beat rhythmically to the sound of my feet
Now I didn’t say I was a drummer
But some will compare this sound to individuality
Yeah, it’s a great new discovery
That time is starting-to-fail
If you let your mind think it so
I’m sure we can all throw principles out the window
Seeing the eyes of a unfamiliar victim
You shake my hand with out a feeling in your head
I know you walk away without thinking about humanity’s touch
It’s all sad in this world
When the things we create take over us
The object of my affection is not what most desire
It’s just the understanding of things that no one has contemplated
That makes me blush inside
Yeah, I see the shoreline from time to time

No comments: