Friday, October 17, 2003

same is insane

I take a look in the mirror
I wonder if its mocking me
Or is it a threat that I see
I wonder if it lies
Or does it proclaim miraculously
It’s up to you to decide
Woah, you got to figure out
If you’re dying inside
(And)
If it’s the thoughts that create who you think you really are
Even if you say you don’t know
You’re provided with some granted satisfactions
Compared to those who say they know
(But really don’t know)
It all seems like a foolish game
Oh how I wonder
Why people today
Makes themselves out to be
Someone I’ve already met
And all these people have names
They enjoy all these letters
(even if)
All the letters are the same
They say they are themselves
We claim we are all different
And I agree
But we all keep our differences the same
Oh I wonder why, the bathroom signs separate nothing at all
I know you and me, we’re made of the same things
Carbon and nitrogen, oxygen and hydrogen
But what does this all mean
What does this all mean
When I look at you, are you all that I see
(I doubt it)
Cause when I look at me, I’m not all that I see
What does this all mean
Now I must look at the world this way
So when I look at a tree
It must not all be what I see
What is this wooden chair
Whose origins are from that tree
What does this all mean
Why do we all keep our differences the same
The world disguises, but really its all the same
Made from such that we are all multiple names
I hope my mind isn’t matter, for it will all be the same
But what does this all mean
(What does this mean?)

No comments: