Friday, July 09, 2004

Forlorn Forever

What makes the world go round, when there is so much resistance?
What I’ve always wanted is to do away with the wax truth
To be humble and help by sweating inside the brow
No tangibility makes me secure
A quick drop and I’ll be on my knees
Not for subdues
Forlorn forever with a smile on my face
Why do good things happen to good people when they don’t even need it?
It’s different when you find out that your boyfriend was your mother
In a another life
How about it now, this orange robe covers more than head to toe
With shrubs as my shrine and sunshine that lasts into the night
Where is the food for an empty heart,
But in a chest that’s always pierced
Love flows out into my begging bowl
To quench the dry mouths of those who have talked with me
Miles and time run circles hand in hand
Until someone steps in and gives time a rest
Then we all are able to do what we want
And what we’ve wanted we already got.
Is there something wrong with me
That I fall in love with everyone I see
Behind dark glasses or in plain sight
The eyes define a gateway where I fall every time
Why do I drink bitterness for a feeling of future happiness?
I do not suffer when a thief steals, but I am weighted moreover
For a soul that does not understand
I would give all but they still shall not smile
And they still would ask for a glass of water
If I had to wring my throat dry
All would receive enough to be satisfied
Therein lies the goblet
Where the son of man shared with twelve men
And indeed liquefied reality that night
For the world was waiting on just a drop
But it got an ocean for the future to swim
There, I pray, is hope left
One man can act for a billion
And still have time to watch the foliage unfold

No comments: