Monday, July 12, 2004

It was raining so hard that I put on my bathing suit to go to the grocery store....

Worry Me Not

Let men hand me troubles so that I would steep it for tea
Grind up worries so that they may add fluff to bake
I need not my schedule for another morrow’s dance
Everywhere I follow the holes in the clouds
Where rays stride through and reach from heaven
Just to golden my hair and lighten my step
So let me boil mountain waters
And gain nutrients to fast by, through this tea
I would not go without knowledge
However, I can devour terror at my doorstep
Do we need so many canopies to protect us from above?
What causes us pain but men walking without love
There is no fear of monsters to the blind
All is unknown, yet it is easy to discover
Hear but to listen for the first time
Unplug your ears from the sockets your neighbors
Do you forget, we all grow upwards
When an apple is plucked from the boughs
Does the tree miss the fruit as its child
Or does it just feel one apple lighter
If all mankind were fat and full it would still produce
Because our hunger is beyond the fruit of this earth




How is love able to break hearts yet mend them at the same time?

No comments: